- “What drives support for separatism? Exposure to conflict and relative ethnic size in Biafra, Nigeria.” Nations and Nationalism.
- “Proximate Exposure to Conflict and the Spatiotemporal Correlates of Social Trust.” Political Psychology. With Sedef Topal.
- “Repression and bystander mobilization in Africa.” Social Movement Studies.
- “Territorial origins of center-seeking and self-determination claims in Africa.” with Mike Widmeier. Political Geography. Volume 94, April 2022.
- “Signals, strongholds, and support: political party protests in South Africa.” 2020. Politics. Volume: 41 issue: 2, 189-206.
- “Corruption Perceptions and Contentious Politics.” 2020. Political Studies Review. Volume: 19 issue: 2, 227-244.
- From Rallies to Riots: Why Some Protests Become Violent” with Brandon Ives. 2020. Journal of Conflict Resolution. Volume: 64 issue: 5, 958-986.
Monographs & Whitepapers
- “The role of trust in mobilization and nonviolent discipline: Civil resistance evidence from Africa” Peer-reviewed monograph. International Center on Nonviolent Conflict. 2021.
- “How does exposure to conflict events shape social trust? A spatiotemporal approach.” With Sedef Topal. Afrobarometer Working Paper 189.